Saturday 14 May 2011

Dedicated to All Teachers and Lecturers, in the past, present and future


A Teacher's Creed by Julie McClellan



I believe I have been called by God to teach.
I believe in children...young and old...black and white...rich and poor....each in need of learning.
I believe in blackboards, chalk dust, textbooks, and computers for each has a part in imparting knowledge.
I believe the love I give to my students will someday be reflected in their lives.
I believe the gift of teaching is not measured simply by marks, enrollment, or the end of the school year.
It is in the witness I give and the fullness of the life lived by those I teach.
I believe I have the power to lead those in need of learning to the threshold of their own minds.
I believe in my giftedness to use each of the tools available no matter how new or old..for the light of knowledge in the eyes of another is my goal.
I believe teaching is more than tests, diplomas, paperwork, and fundraising.
It is the values I breathe daily into another...slowly.
It is in the faith I share in Allah s.w.t...ever changing and growing...never ending.
I believe my success today goes unnoticed...until those i teach and touch can stand alone and say "in my life I have learned..."
I believe if I have taught and touched one person...in God's name...
I have used my gift to me justly..and can humbly say...
I believe in teaching....
I AM A TEACHER!! @ LECTURER..!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment